The face and neck are the most important part of your overall look and the first to show signs of aging. We can help you refresh, smooth and lift these areas by tightening underlying muscles, re-contouring the skin and by removing excess fat from your face, neck and forehead.
A facelift provides more dramatic results than nonsurgical options, giving the face a rejuvenated and more youthful appearance. This procedure is ideal for common signs of aging such as the presence of deep creases around the eyes and mouth, sagging skin around the mid-face, and decreased muscle tone with the presence of jowls along the jaw-line.
A forehead lift smooths the skin, removing expression lines above the eyebrows and in between, just above the nose. The eyebrows are often lifted to give the face a more alert, refreshed appearance. If sagging eyelids are your concern rather than sagging eyebrows, a blepharoplasty procedure may be recommended.
- An incision is made along the hairline beginning at the temple and continuing around the ear to the lower scalp or base of the hair line
- Fat is removed or sculpted around the contours of the face and the muscles may be lifted.
- The skin is set over the elevated contours and excess skin is removed.
- In some circumstances an additional incision is made under the chin.
- As an alternative to the traditional facelift, shorter incisions are made at the temples and around the ears.
- Incisions may also be made in the lower eyelid and upper lip.
- A neck lift addresses excess skin beneath the neck and hanging at the jowls.
- An incision is made in front of the ear lobe, ending at the base of the hairline.
- Excess skin is removed to give the neck a firmer appearance.
- Incisions are made along the hair line and upper eyelid.
Within 2-4 weeks, swelling and bruising will subside. Healing should be complete after 1-2 months and incision marks will fade within a year.